Commishes is a project to build a commission marketplace. A commission is the process of a person (client) requesting art from another (the artist). As a result the artist receives a defined amount of money in exchange for his work.
State of the Commission
Currently people use services like Deviantart or Furaffinity to offer their art against payment. These usually don't index the commission status of their users, making it therefore hard for them to get discovered.
- Artists who want to sell art have a hard time reaching new clients.
- Artists who have enough or too many clients are still receiving them.
- Clients looking for an artist don't find artists they like that are open for commission.
Why selling commissions?
The interesting thing about commissions is that the client has a good idea of the work he will receive for his payment. This is because an artist or designer probably has an already existing portfolio with samples. When an artist creates a commission he adds a description, price tag and several sample works. So the potential client can see the work the artist delivers at a certain price, making the application feel like an e-commerce platform rather than a tool to hire services.
How do I use Commishes?
Commishes is designed as a network. This means that there are several minor pages being developed that all come together to make selling art easy for the artists and buying it simple for users. Currently these are:
- Commishes Accounts - the SSO server managing user data
- Ping - the notification server
- Commishes YCH - a site intended to assist people selling preposed commissions
- Commishes CRM - commission process tracking software
- Commishes Portfolio - gallery software with super powers
We do our best to make sure that everything on Commishes works as expected, but we're human and we make mistakes. If you've come across an issue when using Commishes we'd like to first apologize for the issue and do our best to address the problem and fix it.
If you have come across a bug, please find our Reporting Bugs page. It contains information on how to best report bugs with the system. Due to our high workload, we sometimes take a bit of time to review the issues, but we do review them all eventually. We appreciate all bug reports, and are grateful for your time reporting them. <3